** MAY 9 & 10 - ANCHORING **
Number of participants: 6
Course duration: 6 hours over 2 afternoons
Participants need to have the following:
1 - Knowledge of proper belay techniques.
2 - Previous experience climbing outdoors.
3 - Have the following equipment at minimum:
> harness (must be in good shape and within industry standards)
> helmet (must be in good shape and CE certifies (actual climbing helmet))
> must have some kind of personal anchor (no daisy chain)
> plate device (atc)
> prussik cord (1.25-1.5m cord 6-7mm in diameter)
> 1 pear-shaped (hms) carabiner (for the belay device) and 2 D-shapen carabiner (for the Prussik and the personal anchor).
Course will cover the following:
- Overview of materials used
- Basic knots and hitches needed
- Building 2 and 3 point anchors
- Building Secure Redundant Equalized No-extension anchors
- Trad anchors (if time and location permits)
- Cleaning anchors
- Setting up a proper rappel